Brian wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Brian wrote:

Brian D. Schneider wrote:

Brian wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

heinzguderian wrote:

I see lots of thread about Obama's healthcare reforms, why? What is wrong with them? Speaking from a country where healthcare is free for all (at point of entry), I find it most odd.

There is no such thing as free healthcare.

Nobody ever said it was free.

I don't see the word free in the OP title.

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

There are plenty that talk of "free" health care. Shoot most of the liberal Canadians I know claim to have "free" health care. It does appear that capital expenditures per capita on health care in Canada is significantly less than the U.S.. There are definitely pluses and minuses to each system. Free they are not.

-- hide signature --

Brian

"Shoot most of the liberal Canadians I know claim to have "free" health care."

None of us claim that. We pay through our taxes. It is "free" in the sense that we don't have to pay out of pocket for a doctor visit, hospital stay or surgery.

Last year I broke my hip, then had a heard attack in hospital, and had to spend 3 months in a physical rehabilitation facility. Cost?

$60.00/month for cable TV.

I am sure most of you know it isn't free. But I still hear a lot of Canadians using that term "free"

Yes, we do realize that our taxes, etc., pay for healthcare here in Canada.

Hospitals, clinics, and all the rest of it don't grow on trees.

However, I would MUCH RATHER pay for it via my taxes, etc...than have to fork over large monthly insurance premiums....or staggering hospital/surgery bills...like in the USA.

Many of the people I know won't even spend an extra $300 or so for decent "life" insurance each month..let alone pay a lot more than that for medical premiums.

Directly paying for medical care is simply not part of the Canadian psyche.

Simple as that....we don't even THINK about healthcare costs.

Ever...

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

I rather have a base coverage available to all paid through taxes, and then allow for luxury coverage upgrades paid through additional contributions. This would allow for quicker times to get in for non-life threatening issues or better medical equipment.

-- hide signature --

Brian

That's exactly what we have, we can buy supplimental insurance to cover items medicare doesn't cover, private rooms, drugs, ambulance, eye and dental care.

The plan through my company was $32/month.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
KevNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow