Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dbose
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
Just remembered why I sold my dslr!
10 months ago

Hi all,  a few days ago I started a thread about buying th 18-200 or th 16-70.  And with your help I decided on the Zeiss. Too bad I went to the camera store rather than online. I showed up with my 5n , a tablet CPU and my hyper active 6 year old. Well I mounted the 18-200, or as I called it " the mini keg" for those of you who remember the beer can, this lens was not comfortable at all for me to shoot. Too big for such a small body, pics looked good though and it did keep up with my daughter. Then I mounted the CZ,  better but still big. I was starting to feel like goldilocks. Pics looked amazing, focus was good but still was having some regret overditching my 7d and all that went with it.  When I mentioned this to the salesman, he held up a finger telling me to wait a second then came back with the 16-50 and every prime lens on the shelf. I tried out the pancake zoom, expecting it to be awful based on many comments I read but was pleasantly surprised. It's pics we're good for what I do, focus speed was good and felt right on the 5n. Then I played with the primes and fell in love with the SEL 35 1.8 , wow. Performance, IQ and OSS. So now I bought the pair, zoom for convenience, prime for low light, and they feel right on the camera. I applaud Sony for the pancakes and smaller primes but have to wonder about the large lenses. I got rid of the DSLR for portability, and I know I am not alone. You would think there would be more efforts to minitureize the lenses rather than going even bigger like the 18-105.  Thanks to all those who replied and for anyone else who likes to take pictures of rambunctious kids running around indoors I wholeheartedly recommend the 35 mm prime you will never regret it.

Dave

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow