Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
petermoons
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Re: Ian, you need a fresher on 'art'
In reply to swimswithtrout, 9 months ago

swimswithtrout wrote:

Iain G Foulds wrote:

However decently, respectfully, and gently I can state it. These are not compositions. These are merely artless pictures of things.

Which, may be the intention. Fine by me. However, these pictures are zeros in my estimation.

No offense.

Photography is NOT "art", as much as you would claim...

Art is creating something with your own hands and vision, not pointing a photon capturing device and "capturing" a moment.

Photography, since its inception, was designed to document fleeting events.

and I could go on and on.

Without photography, there would be no news stories without a a few "captured" seconds, no chance of "artful" composition, centering, etc.

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 of all photo's taken on the planet earth are for recording a brief moment, or a natural scene that means something to the person who took the photo, a wedding album, etc..

Or it it could be a photo that conveys important information, such as bird ID, a school text book, or a High School yearbook portrait.

Ian, photography is not art, by the strictest definition, unless you get into serious PS image manipulation, creating something that isn't there.

To think you are creating "art" by taking a photograph of a natural occurrence is just a bit ludicrous.

In the meantime, I'm happy capturing the moment.

Happy trails !!

PS: I don't think you've ever posted a BIF photo. Could you please post one of yours that exemplifies the qualities mine must so poorly lack, since you you singled this post out, from the many similar photos I've previously posted , so I could learn to be an "artiest" ? Or better yet, can you post a more contextual photo of a "Bat in Flight" than those I've posted this past summer ?

Nothing but a black night sky and a flying mouse...

lol! you're quite a comedian.

you do realize this is the 21st century, do you?

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CCNew
notNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow