Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,735
Like?
Re: ready to see your artifacts?
In reply to Basalite, 9 months ago

Basalite wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

Basalite wrote:

I simply enjoy by far the best detail that can be captured with any camera.

Hasselblad users take note, this guy's camera captures more detail (not).

For an equal amount of pixels it certainly does.

You need to be more careful with your incessant fanboy proclamations because you said your camera captures the "best detail" of any camera. If half the photographers in the world actually agreed with what you claimed then half the photographers in the world would be either using or thinking about using your camera, and that is currently not the case.

There is no higher resolution (not megapixel count) sensor per area than a Foveon sensor.

If you want to play that game then I bet tiny little compacts capture more detail per sensor area than your camera; but I would say the more relevant comparison is how much detail the camera captures with the lens you use on it (i.e., the whole system), and that being the case your camera falls short of the D800/D800E as well as Pentax and Hasselblad medium format cameras. Nonetheless, playing your game and looking at DPR's review of Nikon's D7100, I would say that actual resolution between that camera and the SD 1 Merrill are very nearly identical and pretty much constrained by the lenses and apertures (which gets back to the OP and why Nikon took out the AA filter on the D7100). Resolution, especially resolution as measured by sensor area, is not what I would consider a persuasive reason to choose a camera.

If you backed down from your clear fanboy mentality, and said "best in class" resolution then your proclamations would be far more credible if not any less tiresome.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow