Started Oct 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rayk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,213Gear list
Like?
First pics with new (today) V2
Oct 26, 2013

Hi everybody. This is my first post on this forum, although I've been reading it extensively for the last fortnight, trying to make a decision about a small, light, portable camera to always have with me (thankyou all for your great help). I've been using a Pentax K5, mostly fitted with a Sigma 18-125mm lens, which gets a bit taxing for my 70 year old arms and legs. I used to shoot with Olympus, and still have an E410, which is light enough, but still a little large to be always in the bag, besides which I've got to like the 3:2 ratio again.

I picked up a 1 Nikon V2 from my local camera shop (Kitamura) here in my hometown of Saga, Japan this morning, and after charging the battery, spending a little time setting it up (still a huge amount to learn!), I went out for a short bicycle ride around home, and took some standard jpegs.

I'm really thrilled with the camera, after getting home and looking at the results. These are the first few pics, jpegs straight out of camera, just a small brightness and contrast adjustment here and there in Photoshop, and downsized slightly to put on Zenfolio.

Any and all comments welcome! And thanks again for your unwitting, but very willing contribution to my hobby!

Ray Kinnane, Saga-shi, Japan

Very first photo with the V2. Abandoned bicycles.

Pink apartments.

Toyota used car lot mascot.

Here is the Zenfolio gallery with a few more shots from today.

http://rayk.zenfolio.com/p393625726

Enjoy, and thanks again.

rayk's gear list:rayk's gear list
Nikon 1 V2
Nikon 1 V2 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow