Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dickiedoo
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
DIY Add on diopter
6 months ago

I had a friend give me an old lens,,,a Kiron...... f3.8 - 5.6......28-210mm. The outer shell/tube/barrel whatever you call it was pretty badly beaten up and I didn't have any use for it.My curiosity got to boiling and I disassembled it,,,,didn't find anything I might use inside but the main lens assembly,a metal tube about an 1 1/4" long and 3/4" diameter with glass in both ends.It looks like a front lens off of a microscope. This thing by itself is a very powerful magnifier,I could fashion a mount from an old lens cap and filter ring and make a add on diopter,don't have a clue if it could find a focus point or be clear etc etc etc but I think I'll give it a try. I'm sure it will have a vignette problem but might be okay for little guys smaller than fleas if it will focus.

I did an assembly of the above a little while ago and it will focus,vignette was not a problem but the image is cloudy and if that can't be fixed then it's history and a new toy for the grandkids. I'm not sure how it compares to a R 250 with out getting a fix on the cloudiness so sharp focus could be seen and tweaked. It's crystal clear by itself but when coupled with the glass in the SX50 it becomes cloudy.

dickiedoo

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow