Started Oct 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,069Gear list
Like?
a7r - enthusiast nightmare?
Oct 26, 2013

I'm really looking foward to the launch of the a7 cameras. I own an RX1 and can only imagine how great these new cameras will be. However, I just came across this thread about the D800 and 36MP sesnsors and it gave me pause wondering if the a7r will likely have similar attributes.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52399283

You have to not only read the initial post but, more importantly, the response from all the learned users of this fine professional camera.

In summary, it is implied the high MP sensor separates the wheat from the chaff relative to lens quality, operator technique, etc... Great lens + great technique = AMAZING pictures. Mediocre technique, lens or conditions and weaknesses will be much more pronounced than with smaller sensored, less forgiving cameras. Pixel peepers beware!

Using an RX1 with terrific wider lens and 24MP sensor I have been amazed by my output vs. when I use the NEX 5N with wider lens.  My assumption was that the a7r would be that +.  After reading the forum thread above, I'm not so sure.

I'm concerned that if the a7r is equally less forgiving a lot of enthusiast will have spent a lot of money not knowing what they really signed themselves up for.

Do you think this is a legitimate concern?

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow