Started Oct 26, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,922Gear list
Like?
If You Could, Would You Leave Nikon?
Oct 26, 2013

If you could sell all you nikon glass without loosing any money, would you go somewhere else?

Would you regret it after?  I am scratching my head as i am inputting this because a couple hours ago I posted all my nikon lenses for sale  

Honestly i have always liked and prefer and bought nikon gear, but for some strange reason, from what i have noticed, after the D300/D700 everything started getting all weird with nikon.

The funny thing is that since the Canon 70D came out, i started looking at this camera for the very first time for the last couple of days.  In fact, I have NEVER EVER gone to the Canon forum because i just have never paid attention or have never been interested in canon.  In fact, i don't even know anything about the canon gear whatsoever.

The truth is that this 70D camera has really caught my eye.  From the very small amount of photos that i have seen of it, i can clearly tell right away that the output of this camera is really nice, mainly for what i do, 90% portraits and friends and family shooting.  The skin tones alone i can tell they are much nicer than nikon's.  The colors are amazing too.  And i also like the video performance from this little camera.  At this point in time of my life, i do need this function.

To make it short, from everything that i am seeing by now, i am completely TURNED OFF  by nikon.  I know the canon 70D is not PRO and super fast either, but all i can say is that i am pretty impressed from what i have seen. The skin tones alone have really caught me by surprise, and that's my number one priority for what i like to do.  I can really see the difference between a D7100 and the 70D.  And with the new D5300 coming out with a new processor i don't see any difference either.

The Pentax K3 hasn't even come out yet either and no one knows what this sucker will produce.  Can't wait to compare it also.

What's your opinion?  Will i be making a big mistake if i sell my nikon lenses and not stick with nikon?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!!New
Bah!New
NopeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow