Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,449Gear list
Like?
Hudson Valley Panorama Part II (SX50)
10 months ago

Seven weeks ago I posted a panorama of the Lower Hudson Valley where I live, lush in the greens of summer. I've been patiently waiting for Mother Nature to provide her full palette of Autumn, as well as good weather, so I could record the second panorama of a planned triptych of seasons.

Yesterday was such a day, so up the mountain I went, SX50 and tripod in hand. The weather was a little strange as, although the sky was a beautiful blue filled with puffy white clouds, sometimes a single cloud here or there would let loose a downpour of rain. In the Autumn image below, you'll see that it is actually raining above the mountain top to the far side of the bridge. But I did get to photograph the seven images (same as in the summer scene) to create the panorama, trying as closely as possible to match the steps from that first shoot.

Here are the (lowered resolution) results of both images, framed for presentation while awaiting winter's snowy contribution:

I hope you enjoy my project so far. Thanks for looking.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow