Will the V2 go down to 299 like the V1 did?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Todd3608
Contributing MemberPosts: 708
Like?
Re: Will the V2 go down to 299 like the V1 did?
In reply to iamthenewguy, 9 months ago

My point is I got the V1 with 10-30 and 10mm for such a good price that I could sell the V1 body for just $100 and end up paying just over $200 for the 2 lens.

iamthenewguy wrote:

Todd3608 wrote:

There are lots of positive opinions around here on the V1 and outdated is really not a concern for me. Heck, I still like using my Kodak P880.

The concern for me was budget more than anything and the used V1 prices will allow me to try out the system without investing a large amount up front. If the prices lower for the V2, I could sell the V1 body and buy the V2 body only without losing hardly anything

I'm glad the $299 price will allow you to test out the 1 series, it really is great. I enjoyed my time with the V1 and can concur with the positive opinions you've been seeing around here. Just remember, most of the gripes that you also see around here have been fixed on the V2.

If you do like the system and want to upgrade to the V2 later on, I wouldn't count on "losing hardly anything." Once the price of the V2 drops, selling your V1 as a body only option won't help you much towards the purchase of a V2. Right now body only goes for around $200 on ebay so after a V2 price drop I'd imagine you only getting $100 max (If people are even buying them at that point. The main show stopper for the V2 seems to be price and if it drops plus the appeal of whatever the V3 brings, V1 sales might stop altogether). Hopefully you'll just like the V1 enough to not be bothered with upgrading.

Happy shooting!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow