DPReview Publishes 808 vs. 1020 Studio Comparison! My Remarks

Started Oct 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Menneisyys Senior Member • Posts: 1,458
DPReview Publishes 808 vs. 1020 Studio Comparison! My Remarks

Article HERE.

1, at ISO 800 (versus 400), the sharpness of the 1200 gets a MAJOR hit. This isn't the only shot where this is evident – for example, as I've also explained in the comments section (see the comment starting with “Yup, the Z1 shot at ISO 400 1/10 s, while the Nokia at ISO 800, 1/9 sec.”), the nigh image set on the second page of DPReview's “Shootout: Sony Xperia Z1 vs Nokia Lumia 1020 vs LG G2 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom ” is also showing exactly this.

This is why the gradually decreasing text size test delivers incomparably worse results with the 1200 than with the 80:

In daylight and base ISO, there's practically no difference between the two cameras:

2, the lower effective resolution is also visible in the double-res ISO 12233 lines.

At around 3700 lph, the 808 still delivers true detail at high ISO, unlike the 1200, which stops delivering detail at around 3200 lph:

In bright light (and base ISO), both have approximately the same resolution (around 4000 lph):

3, finally, the left/righ border area (including the corners) softness is just incomparable. The 808 delivers way better results. A base ISO crop (so that the lower resolving power of the 1020 at ISO 800 doesn't have any effects of the results):

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow