(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Pro AA filter users forget Sigma's Foveon sensor
In reply to Lee Jay, Oct 25, 2013

Lee Jay wrote:

Tom Axford wrote:

rovingtim wrote:

Example:

In the middle of this crop, look at how the detail dissolves in patterns that do not exist in the fabric. In other words, the sensor is trying to resolve detail with partial information. The software constructing the missing 'detail' is getting it wrong.

Thanks, I see what you mean. I was thrown by the use of the word 'moire' which I think perhaps should be reserved for the larger-scale patterns produced by aliasing.

Yes, I said moire when I meant aliasing.

These effects seem to be fairly well muted, however. I think Sigma must have taken steps to alleviate the problems or they could be far worse.

The only step they take is large pixel areas which are themselves a very poor form of AA filter.

On which sensor would that be? Foveon has had three sensor sizes, 3MP, 4.6MP and currently a 15.3MP. The "pixel areas" have only gotten smaller.

At the very least educate yourself about the product you, and others, have been trying so hard to criticize and discredit.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow