(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Pro AA filter users forget Sigma's Foveon sensor
In reply to hjulenissen, 11 months ago

hjulenissen wrote:

Basalite wrote:

hjulenissen wrote:

Basalite wrote:

it needs to be emphasized that the Foveon sensors in Sigma's cameras do not need nor do they have such a filter

It needs to be emphasised that aliasing occurs for any sampling that is fed signal energy beyond the Nyquist frequency (after pre-filtering). This is true for Foveon-type as well as achromatic sensors.

Computer games are not rendered through a Bayer CFA. Still, anti-aliasing techniques are quite popular.

As is true with many people in this forum that seem to be more concerned with displaying their technical knowledge, you're missing the forest for the trees.

As is true with many posts on this forum, your post seems to use personal insults when faced with facts that you dislike or cannot comprehend.

Just because you feel insulted doesn't mean I insulted you.

I comprehend the matter just fine and I don't need big words or jargon to express that comprehension.

Foveon sensors simply do not have the image degrading qualities that Bayer sensors have, and that is the motivation for installing a *blur* filter.

Any sampler have the potential of aliasing.

You need to read more carefully what I have written.

The Foveon sensor does lack the CFA, and aliasing from Foveon sensors seems to bother people a lot less than aliasing from a Bayer sensor.

It's not a matter of it it "seems." You have it backwards. The Foveon sensor very obviously does have "a lot less aliasing" than a Bayer sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow