OMD E-M1 vs Sony A-7, What's the Difference?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,623Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD E-M1 vs Sony A-7, What's the Difference?
In reply to captura, 9 months ago

captura wrote:

Banger wrote:

1, OK ..but no big deal with newer technology. IQ probably very close, more dependent on particular lens used rather than anything else. I suspect Canikon are starting to get worried, particularly Nikon as the Sony is likely using the same D800 (sony) sensor.

2. Sure, paper thin DOF easier if that's where you get your jollies, but most folks are more interested in the benefits of greater DOF with u4/3 & APSc.

True enough. I thought the DOF with APS-C was a good compromise, but now NEX is dead.

Not the Nex 3 and 5, I think.

3. Body size comparable, but Sony requires 35mm sized lenses, and that is a very big heavy deal, particularly if you want f2.8 or wider lenses.

The Zeiss EF FF lenses I handled, a 35mm/2.8 and a 50/1.8 were sureprizingly smalll.

A7+FE2,8/35mm has the same size and weight as EM5+1,8/17 plus DOF like 17/1,4 ...

Longer lenses will be large.

4. Cost: A7 + FE2,8/35 -  EUR 2200; EM5 + 1,7/17 - EUR 1400; other lenses even more expensive.

5. Legacy glass WA remain WA.

Peter

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow