Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 4,031
Like?
Re: EOS M2
In reply to Tom Hoots, Oct 25, 2013

Tom Hoots wrote:

Jonathan Brady wrote:

You've stated it far more emphatically than a "guess". You state it as though you have some sort of inside information (ie, sit on the board) and it's a FACT when we all know you do not sit on the board and you're trumpeting a guess as truth - vehemently.

All I'm doing is looking at the current market, which has shown a historic sea change in the digital camera market, with nearly the utter disappearance of mainstream compact cameras, along with historically low DSLR sales, plus what I can glean about sales of all mirrorless cameras and the EOS-M specifically. Canon has developed a small and light DSLR camera that competes directly with any higher-featured "EOS-M2" body, and thus it can hunker down with its DSLR system. You can then turn and look at Sony, which appears to be abandoning its DSLR system, in favor of mirrorless cameras, including full-frame versions. Major shifts are happening, rather than "business as usual." Nobody has to 'sit on the board" to see this.

How is the information you (don't) have superior to the "truly awful" and "completely unreliable" rumors that are floating around out there? Oh, and the 13 M2 references in DPP?

So, how many Canon announcements have you seen that correspond to any of that?

CLEARLY there has been a follow up to the M produced, Canon even named it the EOS M2. The only thing in question is when or if Canon will release it. What about Canon's recent history has told you that they're lightning fast with ANYTHING? So, logic would dictate that it's not a question of "if", but simply "when". If you'd like to ignore logic and facts well...

NOTHING is a "fact" there, except for the fact that the "M2" appears in the DPP program. But if Canon truly has "developed" or "produced" an M2, why on EARTH would they choose not to announce and release it prior to the upcoming holiday season? You mean that they have chosen to do that, say, during the dark of winter when camera sales are at their lowest?

It's not an 'upcoming holiday season' everywhere in the world nor is it dark of winter. USA sales may be important but sadly for people who think they are the centre of the universe they do not totally drive Canon's production and sales strategy.

I suppose that's your prerogative. But grandstanding here won't change facts, the future, nor will it make anyone look favorably upon you.

I care nothing about that. I'm just calling the situation as I see it.

So, throw your soapbox in the garbage and find another topic to troll (or don't troll and become a valuable part of the community). Because that's EXACTLY what you're doing here; trolling.

I am trolling EXACTLY as much as you are here. YOU are the one who says that an M2 has "been produced," while all I'm doing is pointing out that, as has been the case since the first CanonRumors CR1 rumor that was published now fully EIGHT MONTHS ago, we sure haven't seen any announcement from Canon yet.

Tom Hoots
http://www.pbase.com/thoots
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4330317199/albums

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow