My X100s received the best "worst compliment" ever!

Started Oct 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greg V
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
Re: My X100s received the best "worst compliment" ever!
In reply to TitusXIII, Oct 25, 2013

TitusXIII wrote:

Greg V wrote:

TitusXIII wrote:

Those are shitty pictures for such a great little camera.

Hey TitusXIII,

After your lovely comment I just had to see your image gallery on FlickR. And after looking at the your image below I can see you have really mastered your X100 capabilities and PP. It's funny how we both captured smokers in our photos. Well done my friend!

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

I'm not happy with the PP myself; I rushed it a bit and didn't bother to tweak the highlights.

I just gave it a washed-out sepia bath trying to evoke the antiquity of the place. It is the original Cantina Hussong's, frequented mostly by locals, it's got the 2nd liquor license issued in Ensenada, some time in the late 1800s.

The Gringos go to Hussong's Papas and Beer, a few steps away, right on the street corner.

I really have so much to learn about PP and developing my own sort of visual processing style. I do like the heavier sepia and the unique strong quality it brings to the overall feel.

Cool to hear the deep history of the location and always great when places like this survive the onslaught of mindless development. You can tell by the unique and various picture frames on the wall that the images are something special. Sounds like my kinda place. Thanks for the details.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ROFLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow