ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robertseymour
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
DP2 or DP3 Merrill
Oct 25, 2013

Hi All,

Its been a good while since I last posted in the Sigma forum, I currently have a DP1x which I still enjoy using for wide-angle.

I recently went over to Pentax with a K-7 and FA 43mm lens (and a FA 20-35mm now sold).

An example of my favourite shots of from that combo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoopsontoast/sets/72157634134478729/

I have been thinking about moving back to Sigma for two main reasons:

-I really like the body size/handing of the DP1x, I found I did not get on with changing lenses when out and about.

-I miss the ultimate sharpness of the DP1x.

I am looking to complement the DP1x with possibly a DP2m op DP3m. I really like the FOV of the FA43mm on the K-7, so sort of half way between the 30mm and 50mm lenses on the DP2m and DP3m.

I only shoot ISO 100-400 really on the K-7 and ISO800 at a push so the ISO performance of the Merrill cameras looks fine to me (compared to the DP1x where its ISO400 at a real push IME)

I have been doing a lot of macro work with a Macro adapter for the Pentax lenses, and I guess the DP3m would be an obvious choice, although at only 1:3 close up, a AML-2 or possibly a Raynox converter would be benificial.

I really like the idea of a lightweight system with a DP1x, DP Merrill and a tripod.

I just cant decide between the DP2m or DP3m.

Unfortunately any shops that stock the Merrill cameras only have the DP1m and DP2m on demo.

robertseymour's gear list:robertseymour's gear list
Sigma DP1x Sigma DP3 Merrill Pentax K-01 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-7 Sigma DP1 Sigma DP1x Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow