Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?
Re: New question
In reply to Bill Randall, Oct 25, 2013

Bill Randall wrote:

Bill Robb wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Not to my knowledge. No insurance companies do have a maximum they will pay but it is stated somewhere in the policy. Therefore the person taking out the policy has actually agreed to it or they would have taken out a different policy.

So if a person buys the most expensive policy they can afford, and the maximum payout of that policy turns out to be not great enough for some catastrophic medical disaster that befalls him, that person is then out of luck and is kicked to the curb?

They would still be treated and receive a bill for the cost. Tax payers would probably end up paying the bill.

I have read that hospitals can refuse treatment if there is no insurance and the problem is not an emergency. I presume this is no longer the case because of Obamacare?

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow