Started Oct 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edwardaneal
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
am I paranoid
Oct 25, 2013

I have 5 video security cameras monitoring the outside of my home. 3 of them cover the front yard and the street in front of my house - nothing even drives or walks by that isn't recorded. Another one watches the front door. this one is only recorded when I want to, I figure that by the time you get to the front door you have already been recorded several times. The fifth camera watches my swimming pool in the back yard - it is not really for security, but more a way to keep an eye on grandkids in the pool. On top of this I have a fully monitored security system. this system is armed when we are away and it is also armed when we go to bed at night. I also have a 90+ pound German Shepherd Dog - in the day he is in the house and yard and at night he is in the room with me.

one side of me says any normal idiot would pick a different house, but another side says get more cameras and put a few inside

security and peace of mind - what do you think. do I have the bases covered or do I need more

as a side note - where I live is very safe. like most places we do have the occasional breaking, but its usually just kids looking to get some free stuff

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
HVL-F20AM Flash

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | A Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
yepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow