"Best" lenses for my new GX7?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Re: "Best" lenses for my new GX7?
In reply to NERich, 10 months ago

NERich wrote:

Although it is pricey, the 35-100 is an absolute joy to use in conjunction with the GX 7. It is small and light and balances very well with the camera, which really facilitates hand held shooting. It now is the lens which stays on the camera unless I am in a macro mood.

I would add (and this might be heresy here) that I also carry a Sony RX 100 in my pocket, which I use when the situation calls for a shorter focal length. It is simply easier to grab it from my pocket than it is to change lenses.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and never know when something is going to strike my fancy. Together the two cameras cover a lot of possible photographic opportunities at a fraction of the weight and bulk of a DSLR. And, they both produce excellent images.

Just got my GX7 today, with the 20mm. Toying with what to add to the kit already, the 35-100 is high on the radar. I'm predominantly a prime guy, but a small effective 70-200 f2.8 sounds too good to ignore (thats unless the 75mm just nudges it out of the way...)

Did the OP ever decide on anything?

-- hide signature --

www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow