NSA even intecepted Merkel's private mobile phone!

Started Oct 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
TrapperJohn
Forum ProPosts: 10,847
Like?
This is unquestionably Not Good
In reply to RobertSigmund, Oct 24, 2013

Ms Merkel, this was done without the knowledge of US citizens, and most certainly without our approval. I apologise for this, and as an individual citizen, will express my extreme displeasure to my elected representatives for this event as well as my strong desire that it cease immediately and not be repeated for any reason.

And to Obama, et al... what on god's green earth were you thinking? Have you no respect for soverign nations at all? Spying on leaders closely allied with us? What could you possibly hope to accomplish? Unless you had reason to believe that terrorists were calling Angela Merkel on a regular basis, which seems as likely as Obama joining the tea party, your interceptions of her phone calls can have no possible justification.

What you should have done is terminate the interception immediately, and then warn Germany quietly through intelligence channels that their leader probably wants to get a more secure phone.

I would quote an Obama speech and say 'this is not who we are', but apparently he doesn't seem to grasp the meaning of his own words.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow