NSA even intecepted Merkel's private mobile phone!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Werderano
Senior MemberPosts: 1,495
Like?
Re: NSA even intecepted Merkel's private mobile phone!
In reply to peevee1, 11 months ago

peevee1 wrote:

Werderano wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

RobertSigmund wrote:

Werderano wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

RobertSigmund wrote:

All the time she tried to play down the affair, but this goes too far. Now she is outraged and complained with Obama.

I have to repeat: Obama apparently has no sense for what is right and what is wrong. For a lawyer, I find this really strange.

Honestly - spying on leaders of foreign countries is their job. And it is rich expecting privacy when taking public political position.

Spying on our own citizens without a warrant obtained with some reasonable suspicion of a crime is a totally different issue - a crime by itself.

So braking international law is not criminal?

It is.

Really? Cannot find "breaking international law" anywhere in our criminal code:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I

Maybe you should look up the UN agreements your presidents singed once.

Which agreements? And again, US Criminal Code Part I (see link above) lists all things which are considered crimes, and breaking UN agreements (even IF spying actually broke some strange agreement nobody follows) is not among them.

One of them was not to spy in the UN. The only nation that broke this rule has been the US regulary and one report about China. And i don´t think the BND has tried it. ,-)

Yes you americans are standing about every law, we and not only we in germany have this problems with your soldiers... Be proud, if you like it. But sometimes it´s good to have trust and morals. Thought this should be part of our democracy. You and your country are winning more and more friends around the world.. let´s see what the next weeks are bringing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow