Dr Tone
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Ultra high def laptop screens
In reply to mike in london, 11 months ago

mike in london wrote:

CSMR wrote:

mike in london wrote:

I got a dell precision m4800 yesterday and the machine is amazingly well built. It came with a QHD screen (3200x1800) which is amazingly sharp but very impractical.

silly resolution.

why do they offer it then I wonder?

The way it was set up on arrival it was almost impossible to read the screen as everything was so small so I adjusted the text size to 200% and it sort if works

200% is right but you mean "change the size of all items" in Windows?

Yes thats what I did. W8 mostly looks ok but browsing the net on Chrome is all fuzzy

but now browsing looks rubbish with fuzzy poor quality text.

On which browser? Badly written software will display as if your resolution were 1600x900, and also won't benefit from Cleartype. Is that what is happening?

Chrome - latest version

The rest of the system on screen messages, some look ok and some have ridiculously small icons etc

That's not good. That would indicate bugs within Windows.

Im not sure windows copes well with custom adjustments as sometimes its all ok and sometime you get readable text with minute icons which you have to squint to see what they represent

-- hide signature --

www.mikecurryphotography.com

Here are some chrome tips:

http://sertacozercan.com/2013/06/how-to-fix-bluriness-of-chrome-in-windows-8-1-preview-and-keep-it-usable-on-a-touchscreen/

Dr Tone's gear list:Dr Tone's gear list
RX100 III Sony SLT-A99 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow