Panasonic Image App WiFi with NFC on Android explained "hopefully"

Started Oct 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joel Halbert
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
Re: Connecting to send photos while shooting with the actual camera
In reply to phazelag, Oct 24, 2013

Thanks very much for your helpful explanations. I tried the Image App briefly and noted some of the same behavior you experienced, specifically that I had to connect via WiFi setup and NFC didn't seem to pair up as naturally as I've seen with a pair of Samsung phones.

I was working with the new GX7, but I've also purchased the tiny LF1 (actually C-112, note the corner EVF is the winning theme for me here), so I will play with the NFC set-up on both of them this weekend.

Do you think the camera will pair up with a second phone or tablet after you've established a first connection, and then cooperatively re-establish with the first one again? That is the real benefit of NFC; easy for a friend or family member to get in on the act even though your own device may be the primary one.

Aside from some of the setup confusion, I was happy with the remote viewing and control. The biggest down-side I noticed was the annoying intense blue LED lit up on the back of the GX7 during WiFi connectivity. I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. I'm not sure whether the LF1 has the same LED, and also I want to see whether it activates using NFC-initiated setup.

Anyway, I noticed no one else had yet replied and I wanted to thank you for your efforts to post this.

-- hide signature --

JoelH

Joel Halbert's gear list:Joel Halbert's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow