Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
VaLeX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,058Gear list
Like?
Re: One can only hope that...
In reply to Ben Herrmann, 11 months ago

Ben Herrmann wrote:

(...)

Right now, it's obvious that the Sony RX10 has set the tone. Of course, no one has seen the IQ capabilities of that camera, but I would imagine that high ISO scenarios will be superb with that model.

(...)

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Indeed, the new term of comparison is the Sony RX10. As long as Oly sticks to the 1 1/7 sensor, they will have a hard time in providing similar image quality at high ISO. So, a 24-300 zoom (which seems not to be constant F 2.8, if the patent is to be trusted) is not the right answer to the Sony RX10. The proper reaction would be a sophisticated compact with a very bright lens - i.e. the 28-112 F1.4-F1.8 (which is almost a constant aperture, mind you).
On the other hand the Sony RX10 is quite expensive; even if it will come about 900USD in 6 month, (which I doubt) - that is still expensive. But Oly is not that cheap either, An ZX 2 + evf goes to ~ 670 USD now. The shear size of the  1' sensor would make a good case for paying the extra-price for the Sony!

Oh, and keep the resolution on the next 1 1/7 sensor, don't increase it, Oly!

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying!
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/huzururmuz/

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow