Best manual fast 50mm prime that performs well on e-mount (with adapter)?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,572Gear list
Like?
Re: Best manual fast 50mm prime that performs well on e-mount (with adapter)?
In reply to sean lancaster, 9 months ago

sean lancaster wrote:

captura wrote:

turnstyle wrote:

Vaughn T.Winfree wrote:

I know you are looking for a manual lens.

But for e-mount, I dont know how you could go wrong with the SONY E-50 f1.8 OSS.

The steady shot in low light at f1.8 is really good especially hand held. Just a thought.

Thanks -- main reason is I want the lens to work on both the NEX7, and also the A7/A7r if I wind up going down that path. The E50 will only be useful on the NE7, that's the catch.

I spent about an hour discussing the A7 and A7R with a Sony rep. on Saturday. Who told you the E 50 would not work on the new FF bodies? I happened to have my E 50-1.8 with me and I took a lot of photos with it mounted on the A7. The combo worked perfectly!

I am pretty sure he meant that the E50/1.8 won't fill a full frame sensor without heavy vignetting.

Yes, you must be right. Interestingly, the A7's have a switch for that. The Auto switch position gives you the full picture correction and the Off position gives you the vignetted look. I think, better to use the Off position as you can always crop to your own choice, later.

And sorry for being repetitive, better the A7r because that cam. gives you 16mp effective with the NEX lens. Instead of 10 mp.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow