Started Oct 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MacroPhotoFly
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Suggestions for devices to review my photos while travelling
Oct 24, 2013

I would please like suggestions of how you review your photos when travelling? The LCD on the back of the camera is fine for deleting "obvious disasters" but not large enough to compare two or more similar shots for the better/sharper one

I'd previously lugged a "heavy-ish" laptop around (with Lightroom on) but want to reduce the weight and also found that while travelling I only really need the zoom/rate/delete functions (until I get home from the trip, when I will then upload the remaining "good shots" on my home computer w/ LR).

Priorities for me (in order of importance) are,

1. Integrity/Transparency (I don't want the files manipultated/downsized/format converted if they are transferred to another device, with the exception of ratings on the exif data). Note, I usually shoot RAW
  2. Screen quality (needs to be bigger than the camera LCD, and at least as detailed/clear, for me to judge the respective photo quality)
  3. Weight (less is better)
  4. Speed  (I would rather not have to wait for 20+mins for a day's picture files to be transferred, rendered, etc before i can review them)
  5. Syncronisation  (If at the end of the trip it remains easier to upload to my home computer from the memory card rather than from the software/device, then I need the results of the reviewing to be on the memory card)
  6. Cost vs Utility of the device (can the device be used for other things such as watching a film, using the internet for uploading a picture to my website, etc - in which case I am happy to pay more for it)

It initially seemed to me that an Ipad+card adapter might provide a solution to view and delete files directly on the memory card, but based on the lack of replies to a prior postI made in the iOS section I might be barking up the wrong tree, hence the request for your solutions to this! All thoughts gratefully received.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow