Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt David Photography
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Yongnuo Wireless Questions
10 months ago

So before I get berated with endless chatter about who hates yongnuo and why I should invest in 'real' speedlites, turn around and ignore because I'm an 8 years of photographic learning/growing, fresh on the market semi-pro that still has quite the inventory/investment/income to grow and don't need a talking to right now.

Now:

Today I received my two YN560iii's with the built in 2.4ghz wireless. I was hoping I could trigger one with the other via wireless and not optical slave, but I missed that detail about that not being possible since it receiver only. I was also hoping I would get lucky with Paul C Buff's cybersync, but I never win the lottery.

As an emergency backup I went and bought an affordable Promaster trigger system. For now this will be fine, but:

Does anyone know if there is any way possible to trip these flashes with a third party, specifically the Promaster transmitter? If so, what dipswitch setting per unit, etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

Matt David Photography's gear list:Matt David Photography's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow