Panasonic Image App WiFi with NFC on Android explained "hopefully"

Started Oct 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,263Gear list
Like?
Connecting to send photos while shooting with the actual camera
In reply to phazelag, Oct 24, 2013

For this you will not use NFC or type in the password.  You will use WPS push from your android device.

1. In your camera menu select wifi.

2. Select new connection.

3. Select Send Images While Recording.

4. Select Smartphone.

5. Select Direct.

6. Select WPS Connection

7. Select WPS (Push Button) Your camera will say PUSH WPS within two minutes.

8. Go to your phone, open up your Image app.

9. Then go to your wireless settings in your phone (not from the image app), select menu and select WPS Push.

Note: From here your phone and camera will connect.  If you're on a home network dont worry about it.  You camera will connect and go back to your home network after your done.

10. Go back to the app and if all went well you should be able to shoot your camera and have the images transfer.

Note:  From now on you can click the wifi button on the camera and select the connection type from your history and open the app and click wifi and select your cameras wifi and it will be done.

Hope this helps, took me three days of experimenting to nail this down mainly because I had made some incorrect assumptions about how I expected this to work.

Z

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow