I don't see much enthusiasm for the XE2 here

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,905
Like?
Re: I don't see much enthusiasm for the XE2 here
In reply to Beat Traveller, Oct 24, 2013

Beat Traveller wrote:

I think you're conflating 'forum traffic' with 'enthusiasm'. A whole lot of the traffic about the a7 is less than enthusiastic: people speculating about the lenses, the shutter sound, the future of NEX, the usual and tiresome format wars...

Maybe we're reading different forums but the enthusiasm for the A7/r is about as high as I've seen for any announced camera at least since the Nikon D800.

Most of the posts I've seen about the X-E2 express general satisfaction with the improvements, because there are a lot. Not everyone is going to upgrade though, and personally I think that's a good thing. I'm not really a fan of the consumer culture whereby everything has a lifespan of a year or less: I bought my X-E1 and I intend it to last me several years.

As for the X-E2 it looks good but it's not enough of an upgrade to generate too much noise which isn't really a negative. It reminds me of the NEX6 - nice, solid camera that most are happy with and flies under the radar.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow