Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,274Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't see much enthusiasm for the XE2 here
In reply to Tom Schum, Oct 24, 2013

Tom Schum wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

86,000 + PDAF pixels. That sounds like a lot. Has that increased over the X100s? I thought it was the same sensor.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-x-e2/?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu

Greg.

From the article linked above:

"The X-E2's sensor also includes phase detection pixels to assist autofocus, as previously seen on the X100S. There are 86,000 of these all told, covering 36% of the sensor's area in the centre of the frame."

Yes, I'm worried. Haven't seen the issue addressed at all technically so far. Maybe it makes no difference...

FWIW, from the DPR review of the X100s (same sensor as X-E2): "Like the X-Pro1 and X-E1 the X100S shows visibly higher resolution in this chart test than a conventional 16MP Bayer-type camera such as the Sony NEX-6 (which has a particularly weak AA filter)."

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Look it up. It's science." Skinny Pete

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow