ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 17,342
Like?
Can I evict on the basis of FARTING?
9 months ago

I'm dead serious here....

One of my tenants (a 45 year old woman)...is FARTING so much...that the people living below her are fed up with hearing the continuous LOUD bottom-burps...that emanate through the hard-wood floors from above.

I recently was called in to witness the situation...and sat for two hours, watching a movie with the folks below her...to hear for myself...what was actually going on.

Within that 2 hour period, the female tenant above...let rip at least 20 extremely loud, raucous FARTS...which could be heard very clearly in the living room below. Not only were they loud and invasive, it also sounded like the woman above was actually sitting directly on the hard-wood floors (with her butt-cheeks pressed against the boards)...thus making the entire ceiling resonate/vibrate whatever.

To be quite honest, and even tho I'm an avid farter myself, it sounded pretty sick...especially IF one was sitting on the couch below watching TV whilst eating their dinner, supper, or whatever.

I could even hear the sounds in the guys computer room....coming down through the central heating vent, etc.

Over the years I have had to evict for things like unnecessary damage, non-payment of rent, extreme noise, and once even had to get rid of a tenant (in Toronto) who was spying on kids (in the school yard across the street with binoculars)...from his dining room window.

BUT never for FARTING

The tenant in question has always paid her rent on time, never being late once in over 7 years...so, I'm just wondering IF I can take it any further...than just simply writing a letter of complaint to her, on behalf of the folks living below.

The sounds are so loud at times...I get the feeling, that she's actually doing it on purpose

It's kinda like "take that YOU ba$tards"

What do you think?

KEV

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
okayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow