Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,203
Like?
Re: Sure it is...
In reply to marike6, Oct 23, 2013

marike6 wrote:

Buttons252 wrote:

I cant imagine using my X-E1 at weddings especially the dim light receptions unless your the master of manual focusing...

Did you read the article from Mansurov's website? They are not shooting natural light at the reception, they are using SB-900 flashes which have AF assist. Mostly all modern camera will have little difficulty locking onto targets with the powerful AF assists of a decent strobe and every wedding photographer I've ever seen used either wireless monolights or some kind of flash head on a bracket at the reception.

The other thing is, everyone is talking about the X-E1 and X-E2 as if they are the same camera with the same AF capabilities. The PDAF of the X-E2 should be an improvement over the X-E1.

All professional wedding photographers, worth hiring, us some type of lighting. Usually a flash.

Now I know some of the amateurs who claim to be professionals will disagree with me but if they don't know how to use a flash or don't even own a good flash unit they should only be doing weddings for their friends or for people who don't want to pay for a professional wedding photographer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow