MisterPootieCat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,001Gear list
Like?
Re: Odds are not good
In reply to Lawrencew, 11 months ago

Lawrencew wrote:

MisterPootieCat wrote:

Gesture wrote:

It is kind of amazing that stock is still available.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Canon must've made a boatload of them!

What makes you think they no longer make them, or only made one batch?

I didn't say they only made one batch. But you can't order the EOS M from Canon anymore. And it's already common knowledge the kits have been cannibalized for the lens adapter and 22mm lenses.

If you buy one today, they have V2 software installed. That at least indicates they cannot have been languishing in some warehouse since manufacturer pre-V2. (though pre-built units can of course be configured and packaged on-demand)

This has been discussed already, Canon could easily update the firmware in older cameras prior to shipping. It wouldn't be the first time they've done it.

There's never been any shortage of EOS M, and the deals don't seem like drying up, so perhaps it is simply still in production.

Yeah, products that don't sell tend to back up in the pipeline. I have 2 EOS M bodies, the second one I bought (from the same vendor) has a much lower serial number, kind of blows the fresh batch theory out the window.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow