X-E1 Sale (last day?) / X-E2 Cost

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Took advantage of the X-E1 special last Friday...
In reply to rupert galea, 11 months ago

rupert galea wrote:

I have been looking at this camera for a while and am very tempted to sell my DSLR and move to an X-E

The X-E1 is currently on sale with the 'kit' lens for $999 (was $1199). B&H Photo lists today as the last day of this sale.

The X-E2 with kit lens is $1399. This is $200 above the normal price of the X-E1 with kit lens. Did the X-E1 start at $1399 with the kit lens? Is is likely the X-E2 with kit lens will drop to $1199?

I would pay $200 extra for the X-E2 but not $400...

I'm not selling my DSLR, but I did take advantage of this offer by picking up the X-E1 kit. I received it on Monday.  The body is really smart looking and lens is one of the nicest kit lenses I've ever seen.  And images look great, so I couldn't be happier with it.

The way I look at it, the savings could go a long way towards one of the Fujinon primes like the 23 f/1.4 or 35 f/1.4.  Since I'm an amateur, and don't frequently shoot fast action on such on this type of camera, I didn't really need the upgraded AF system.  If I earned my living from photography, I would have waited for the X-E2, for sure.

But considering the 18-55 f/2.8-4 sells for $699, this X-E1 special was an absolute no-brainer for me. YMMV.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow