I don't see much enthusiasm for the XE2 here

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Sure it is...
In reply to 1drey, 9 months ago

1drey wrote:

XE2 is not good enough to replace my DSLR for serious event and reportage photography.

You must have extremely demanding needs, because I keep reading about a number of photographers using the Fujifilm X cameras for all kinds of events.

For example, Nasim Mansurov talks about how he's now using the X-E1 alongside his D800 at weddings. He and his second shooter are both using the X-E1 (not the updated X-E2) for the reception.

Read about his experiences at weddings here and how he's replaced his EM-5 with the X-E1.

'http://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-e1/8

I get that the Fujifilm X system is missing some popular DSLR lens equivalents common at events like the 70-200 f/2.8, but to suggest that the unreleased X-E2 cannot replace a DSLR for event shooting is a little premature considering nobody has even shot with an X-E2 yet.

The 16 mp X-Trans sensor has terrific high ISO performance, and with addition of PDAF, low-light AF should be more than adequate for event shooting and reportage. If the focal lengths needed to cover an event are available in X Mount, I cannot imagine why the X-E2 wouldn't be up to the job.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow