Nikon's 5 year plan...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 2,437Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon's 5 year plan...
In reply to kelvin2345, 6 months ago

kelvin2345 wrote:

I agree with the financial post article.

Would you have predicted RIM to get in such sticky situation 5 years ago, when nearly every single ibankers were using the Blackberries?

Yes, we saw that in my company. It was obvious the minute active sync came into being.

Would you have predicted Nokia being acquired before the debut of the iPhone? When every other smartphones are either manufactured by Nokia or Sony.

Absolutely.

Would you have predicted Samsung to dominate the smartphone market 5 years ago? When Android was not released yet?

No surprise.

And do you remember Kodak? The company that INVENTED the digital camera and dominated the whole film industry?

Their death was inevitable - we saw the death of film. Kodak couldn't survive in digital because they had no infrastructure to build cameras and because they were poorly managed and in financial trouble before digital hit.

So why is it not possible for Nikon to go out of business in 5 years?

It is possible

What are the recent breakthroughs of Nikon? I mean breakthroughs, not incremental upgrades of sensors megapixels. I dont think they will be around in the next 5 years if they keep on doing what they have been doing.

"If they keep doing what they've been doing" - clearly that is true. But remember that both Canon and Nikon, with their large embedded base, is trying to make smart moves that keeps the customer base intact while also attracting new buyers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow