XP1 or XE2

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
mjl699
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: XP1 or XE2
In reply to stevo23, Oct 23, 2013

stevo23 wrote:

I've been watching the X series since last December and I'm getting close to adding something to my stable. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but it's hard to search it out. So I apologize in advance if it's out there.

Basically, I'm torn between the Xpro1 and the XE2. I really liked the optical viewfinder option on the Pro, it's really nice to look through, but is it worth the extra $$$? (For me, it might be.) And when I compared the two in person, I thought the Pro seemed a little more solid, but that's perhaps more of a perception issue.

Is there anything else compelling about the XPro? I like them both, but would like to hear from those who have used or own both.

At this point I would advocate the XE2, and I am an owner of an XP1. Personally I am waiting for the XP2 before I upgrade ... The reason that I would buy the XE2 now if I were buying my first "X" is that the XE2 is all-around faster than the XP1, including faster to focus, and has the split screen manual focus aide (not offered on the XP1). There will also be tons of changes under the skin just making it a little bit better in every way.

The XP1 O/EVF is a great feature and I use it all the time in "street" circumstances, but it does have its drawbacks, like imperfect framing. I have only primes - so I can't comment on the OVF for the zooms, but I imagine that it's pretty useless for anything more than the 60mm lens I do use it for ...

-- hide signature --

mjl599

mjl699's gear list:mjl699's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow