Here's what I believe will happen here; has probably already happened in other....

Started Oct 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lylejk
Forum ProPosts: 22,358Gear list
Like?
Here's what I believe will happen here; has probably already happened in other....
Oct 23, 2013

...countries already.   Obamacare (en lieu of another term since it's not affordable so doesn't deserve that moniker) will continue the divide of the have and have nots.   The rich will have their own system based on a concierge model (saw this on FOX and I concur).   I thought about doing the concierge thing a few years ago since, at that time, I had no health-care at all and the doctor I knew that did this was going to offer it to me at a reasonable price, but I feared it would just go to a much higher fee later so I passed.    Still, those doctors won't be affected by Obamacare since they are off the grid so to speak.  The doctor I am talking about is very good at what he does and doesn't take insurance at all (personal payment only).    This model really only makes sense if you have additional money to dish out.   Also, the doctor I am talking about does do house calls.    Anyway,  our government has given insurance companies an incentive to kick out the low middle class sick folk out of their roles forcing these folk onto the government plan.    The rich have their own concierge doctors so they laugh at the peons like me.    Once this obtrusive government program gets going, you bet we will have, dare I say it, death panels who decide who will and won't get the help needed to live.   We will then be like any other European country with similar poor health-care except those that have their own concierge doctor(s) of course.    Goodbye clean teeth.  No need for them anyway, since nobody will ever smile again.   

-- hide signature --
 lylejk's gear list:lylejk's gear list
Leica V-LUX 1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow