EOS M2

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,947Gear list
Like?
Re: EOS M2
In reply to Gesture, Oct 23, 2013

Agreed.  Orphaned products/lines do happen, rarely.

To me, the real oddity to people claiming there won't be an M2 (aside from the fact that they seem to be ignoring 13 mentions of the M2 in DPP and a new sensor that seems destined to be in a mirrorless camera) is that they're basing MUCH of it on a quote from a Nikon exec about how the mirrorless market in the US hasn't been what they expected.  Ironically, Nikon just announced a NEW MIRRORLESS CAMERA.  One that will be WAY more niche than any of their other 1 series cameras.

So, if I'm understanding the logic behind claiming there won't be an M2 it's that...

The original M didn't sell well because it was AF-crippled and priced too high, a Nikon exec said US mirrorless sales are less than impressive, 1 lens hasn't been made available for US markets yet (happens with other manufacturers too - doesn't mean anything), and it's been about a year since the M hit the market.  Does that about wrap it up?  lol

Like you, I appreciate the M for what it is, and what it's capable of.  I've taken quite a few pictures that my family and I will value for many years to come with it - it's HIGHLY capable.  For me, an M2 (with the right lenses available) is my opportunity to move forward and ditch my 60D.

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow