Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
No Regrets
Contributing MemberPosts: 813Gear list
Like?
Honest question for Fuju X owners.
Oct 22, 2013

I am new to photography and I know I have a lot to learn. I've started out my hobby with an Olympus XZ1 and have been loving it so far, but have been struggling with low light shots.

I'm considering getting an additional camera and have been really impressed with not only the style of the various X Series Fuji cameras, but also with the examples of what they can produce as shown recently by 1drey, Algarve, GregV, and Justin_time, among others. While at the same time I haven't been impressed by much of the examples shown from the Olympus OMD-5 or 1.

My question is this. When I compare the various X Series with that of the OMD's on the Imaging Resource comparator, the OMD's seem to have more detail at lower iso's and the X series appear to be smeared or smoothed out with a lack of detail. Although at high iso's the X Series are more pleasing.

So why is it that I prefer the OMD on the comparator but really prefer the examples of the X Series on the DP Forums? What am I not understanding?

Thanks for your help!

No Regrets's gear list:No Regrets's gear list
Nikon Df Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow