Best manual fast 50mm prime that performs well on e-mount (with adapter)?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,083Gear list
Like?
Re: Best manual fast 50mm prime that performs well on e-mount (with adapter)?
In reply to turnstyle, 11 months ago

turnstyle wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

RF lenses wider than 35mm will not have any problems on digital sensors, only WA RF lenses have issues. I would hold of on test-reports that should be coming out soon, some of the 50mm were 'suspect' (e.g. the Zeiss ZM C Sonnar 50mm f/1.5).

Thanks, though that kind of gets to my confusion & concern.

First, to be sure, when you said "RF lenses wider than 35mm will not have any problems" -- I assume there you mean narrower, ie "longer"?

That's kind of what I had been reading -- RF longer than 35mm should be fine.

But then I hear that even some 50mm may be "suspect."

So that leads me to wonder if RF is just too risky, and whether I should limit my consideration to SLR lenses?

If you could have either a Zeiss designed for SLR, or the Lux -- and if you plan on using it on a NEX7 and later also a A7/A7r -- ignoring price, just about the capability of the lens to perform on the NEX (as well as FF NEX) systems -- does one win?

Is RF for NEX/FF-NEX jut too risky?

(Oh, and regarding the e-50 -- I do want the lens to be able to play nice with the A7/A7r.)

Thank you very much for helping.

NEX-7 + 50Lux-ASPH (current) ==> magenta cast/coloring smearing.

IF I intend to "BUY" any more RF lenses to adapt on A7/A7R, I will wait for more reviews first.

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow