ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Et tu Washington Post?
9 months ago

In Obamacare speech, Obama makes a desperate sales pitch

I see Dana Milbank has arrived at the same opinion I have about Barack Obama...

“The product is good. The health insurance that’s being provided is good. It’s high quality, and it’s affordable,” the president announced. “People can save money — significant money — by getting insurance that’s being provided through these marketplaces.”

When Obama's lips are moving, he's lying.

“The Affordable Care Act is not just a Web site. It’s much more,” Obama said. “Billions of dollars have been saved by seniors already. That’s part of the law. It’s already in place. It’s happening right now.”

Insert Fleetwood Mac music reference here

“Nearly six in 10 uninsured Americans will find that they can get coverage for less than $100 a month,” the president went on. “Through the marketplaces, you can get health insurance for what may be the equivalent of your cellphone bill. Or your cable bill. And that’s a good deal. . . . And that product is working. It’s really good.”

But, but, but, massa, I shonuff already has an Obama phone! And Tyrone next door done hooked my cable TV up foe free!

This is the best line from Dana Milbank's story...

“Call centers are already up and running, and you can get your questions answered by real people, 24 hours a day, in 150 different languages."

I know I'm probably not being sensitive enough here, but why does there need to be 150 languages on a Government call center when the callers should be speaking English if they are in MY COUNTRY in the first place?

"It was an extensive pitch — a bit too extensive. As Obama was closing his 27-minute infomercial, a woman standing right behind him passed out. The people around her caught her, and Obama turned around to assist. “This happens when I talk too long,” he explained."

"Talking too long, yes. And protesting too much. Obama’s pitch sounded a bit desperate and perhaps it should. The product he rolled out three weeks ago was seriously defective."

Dana Milbank should get a Pulitzer for this.

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow