Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rybro
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Am I the only one who LIKES EVF?
9 months ago

So I've not been shooting for a LONG time (two years) and started with Sony gear as I've been shooting video for about 7 years now and wanted something reliably with high quality video, at the time Sony was the only company providing this.
I fell in love with taking stills not long after, and knowing that my shot was perfectly framed, even knowing exactly how it would come out, was great. The EVF provided me (someone working on a new format and on new gear) an almost exact frame of reference for how the shot would turn out.
So it always confused me when I saw arguments against the EVF, the arguments (USUALLY) boiled down to "I'm used to compensating for my camera and lenses before i take the picture, so am confused at seeing what the shot will look like before I hit the shutter". The arguments I read seemed more to do with anti-sony sentiment than any real aversion to the technology beyond lack of familiarity.
I was just wondering what the rest of the community thought, if EVF was a big thing for you (positive/negative) and why you felt that way.
Much love,
Ry.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow