Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Tokayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,923
Like?
E-M1 + 12-60, WOW!
11 months ago

A few years back I owned the E-3 and the 12-60. I don't know what drove me to sell the kit. I missed it since.

A few months back, after reading rumors of an upcoming E-5 replacement, I picked up a minty 12-60 for a great price. Since the lens did not operate properly with the E-M5, I decided just to wait

Last week I received my new E-M1. Finally a chance to take the 12-60 for a spin. My first impression is that the lens balances quite well on the E-M1. I good light, the focusing is as fast as I can remember from the E-3 days. Every so often, the lens refuses to lock focus, but changing the aim solves that problem. In low light, it's another story. This lens doesn't come even close to the 12, 17 or 45 in focusing speed.

As for IQ, my belief is that the 12-60 is sharper than the 12/2, and possibly the 45.

Here are some shots from my first outing. The last of the fall colors and flowers of this season, at Toronto's Edward Gardens.

-- hide signature --

My nickel, since the penny is being discontinued...
Jeff.

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow