Flat view
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Ted Cruz stands up to detractors: I didn’t come to D.C. to make friends
10 months ago

The Blaze

ABC

REPORTER: How much do your colleagues just despise you right now on the floor? I mean I hear some really strong language from your own fellow Republican senators.

CRUZ: Listen. You know –

REPORTER: You made some enemies in this battle.

CRUZ: There’s an old saying that politics, it ain’t beanbag. And, you know, I’m not serving in office because I desperately needed 99 new friends in the U.S. Senate. And you know what? There is an inverse relationship. Given the choice between being reviled in Washington D.C. and appreciated in Texas, or reviled in Texas and appreciated in Washington, I would take the former 100 out of 100 times.

And I’ll tell you: When I go back home in Texas, I have a job that I was elected to do and that’s to represent 26 million Texans, to fight for them, and they are frustrated just like people all over this country. Their top priority is jobs and economic growth, and Washington isn’t listening to them. But there’s a difference. You want to draw me into discussing specific individual senators. I’m not going to do that. I will say that the reason this deal, the lousy deal was reached last night, is because unfortunately Senate Republicans made the choice not to support House Republicans. I wish Senate Republicans had united. I tried to do everything I could to urge Senate Republicans to come together and to stand with House Republicans because –

There is finally a politician in Washington DC that has balls, and his name is Ted Cruz

BTW, the US National Debt has already added another 41 billion dollars since Saturday.

18 trillion here we come! WooHoo!!!

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow