Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Don3rd
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Oct 21, 2013

No.  Actually I'm a former Sony NEX-7 user going the other way.  I love the Sony's but their convoluted roadmap makes me very nervous.  After investing in nice Sony E-Mount Zeiss glass its was very disappointing to learn that all my lenses would only work in crop mode on the A7/A7r and that all that investment is somewhat obsolete.  Also, in looking at the Sony roadmap, it will take them the next few years to complete their lens line-up.

I have since sold all of my Sony equipment, and pre-ordered the E-X2.  Fuji's lens roadmap is much more thought through.  I also like the way they have supported users of existing camera's with firmware updates.  I think I would say I'm now 95% in the Fuji camp, as I'm feeling they are more focused on me as the customer and protecting my investment in equipment.

My two cents from a frustrated, ex-Sony user ...

Don3rd's gear list:Don3rd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow