Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rpm40
Senior MemberPosts: 1,914Gear list
Like?
Re: One can only hope that...
In reply to Setter Dog, 10 months ago

Setter Dog wrote:

Ben Herrmann wrote:

Right now, it's obvious that the Sony RX10 has set the tone. Of course, no one has seen the IQ capabilities of that camera, but I would imagine that high ISO scenarios will be superb with that model. But damnnnnnnnn - $1299 USD is quite a bit of change from "just" a 24-200 model. So I'm betting that within 6 months or so, the price will come down.

Yes, that's a lot of bucks. I'm sort of turned off by the lack of reach of the lens. To me, the Stylus 1 looks like a better all around camera, especially if it includes nice features such as fast burst. HS HD video, Panorama, etc.

Jack

The price on the RX10 is just nutty. Several hundred higher than the aps-c R1 on its release, even after considering inflation. A nice camera, I'm sure, but they won't sell many.

I think the slight IQ increase of a 1/1.7" sensor over the typical bridge cameras, combined with the fast lens (which again most long zooms don't have, FZ200 aside), will be a good combo for a reasonably sized and priced camera that can give pretty good results in a range of situations.

Can't wait to see what this model really turns out to be.

rpm40's gear list:rpm40's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow