sony spits into face of loyal A-mount users (the 70-200 upgrade)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
josseee
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
sony spits into face of loyal A-mount users (the 70-200 upgrade)
11 months ago

I know there was some other thread, however, this whole thing with 70-200 "upgrade" made me super-angry at sony so I want to express my disappointment with a new one...

What the hell is sony thinking??? How can they do this to loyal A-mount users? We invested into A-mount when everyone else was buying into canon or nikon and sony was certainly not very appriciated by the photo-comunity . I got the A99 + A-mont glass during the biggest wave of "A-mount will die" comments everywhere. And this is what we get??? A mediocre upgrade of motor and sealing for an extra 1000(!!!) leaving the ancient minolta design untouched...

While sonys being generous with the e-mount dumping the price to below 1500 in order to get new customers, its spitting on A-mount users heads with this ridiculous price for ridiculous upgrade... OK, so they dont have time/resources to upgrade the prehistoric optics design cause of focusing on A7. But asking for this upgrade +1000???? WHAT THE HELL!!!

Im sure I will talk about A7 with many interested caniconians, and Im sure I will mention this betray on A-mount, so the the guys will get a clearer picture on sonys policy. I will not talk them out of buying into sony...not at all,cause I still think that sonys photo products are fantastic...I will just show how sony is treating its old (probably not anymore needed) customers...

josseee's gear list:josseee's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A99 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow