murfthesurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Re: Look at the E-PL5, and Panasonic G5 and GX1
In reply to dougjgreen1, 9 months ago

dougjgreen1 wrote:

doto41 wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

The E-PL5 has nice IQ, but the Panasonic G5 and GX1 are, in practice, very close, so that for 95% of shooting situations, the small difference won't matter to you.

You could get a G5 for around $250, and a GX1 for about $200. An E-PL5 would cost a bit more.

But an important question for you is, are you comfortable shooting without a viewfinder - because both the E-PL5 and the GX1 would put you in that position - adding a viewfinder would basically add another $150 or so to each of those cameras - if you need a viewfinder, then the G5 is by far the best deal out there in a good Micro 4/3 body.

Appreciate your input, I know the gx1, where can you get it so cheap? how is it's low light abilities?

-- hide signature --

Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
My Flickr

That's what they go for on ebay in mint used condition. A while back, Panasonic cleared them out and you could get New ones for that price, but it's mostly gone now as a New item.

Low light ability is between 1/2 and 1 stop less than the E-PL5.

42nd street photo still has new ones.  They range from $269 - $479 depending on color and whether or not you want a lens and if so, which lens.  I just ordered one last Friday.

murfthesurf's gear list:murfthesurf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow